For the past few years during the months leading up to NPSTW, we have asked for your stories about being a public safety telecommunicator. We noticed that a lot of you wrote about your colleagues and the teams you work with. That makes sense, because no one can do this job alone.
So this year, we’re asking you to tell us what is great about your team. It might be your shift or the whole agency. It could be an agency and responder team that works really well together or your team of training instructors and supervisors. Use a story about a particular call to demonstrate what makes your team special or just tell us about the way you work together and what makes your team shine.
Get your stories in soon, though, because visitors to the site will be asked to “like” their favorite posts and the story with the most likes at the end of the week will win lunch (up to $100) for their team. To get you started, we’ll give you +1 like when you upload a photo with your submission.
- One “like”, per person, per post.
- You may like as many posts as you wish.
- You do not have to log in to like a post.
- Anyone can vote – you don’t have to be an APCO member or in public safety communications.
- Winning team will have the post with the most likes as of 9:00 a.m. on April 22, 2019
- Entries earn +1 like for uploading a photo.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected by coin toss.
- All decisions are final.
- Winners will receive up to $100 to be applied toward a meal or snack for the winning team.