Last year for National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week, we asked you to name your superheroes. Since we agreed you are ALL superheroes, we want to know this year what makes you that way – we’re talking SUPERPOWERS.
That’s right, for our NPSTW contest this year, we want to know what superpowers you think public safety telecommunicators already have … or what superpowers would make the lifesaving work they do easier. To participate, enter our contest by the end of NPSTW 2022, which runs April 10-16.
What superpowers do public safety telecommunicators have? They might not be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but there are a lot of superpowers not seen in the comics, like the ability to handle six conversations at a time or provide calm in the face of chaos.
What superpowers do you WISH you had? Do you wish you could see through the telephone line? Or hover over an accident to better understand what happened to provide complete and accurate information to first responders?
Enter this year’s contest.
Here’s the fine print.
- There will be two $100 prizes, one for smaller (1-35 employees) and one for larger (over 35 employees) ECCs.
- Sending your own photo adds one “like” to your score.
- Be as creative as you want, but please don’t attach copyrighted materials as we will not be able to post them.
- Entries must be submitted by and voting closes on Monday, April 18 at 9 a.m. ET.
- One “like”, per person, per post.
- You may like as many posts as you wish.
- You do not have to log in to like a post.
- Anyone can vote – you don’t have to be an APCO member or in public safety communications.
- Voting begins February 5, 2022, and ends April 19, 2022, at 9 a.m. ET
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected by coin toss.
- All decisions are final.