As a public safety telecommunicator, you’ve heard it all. Now we want the rest of the world to hear about you.
For National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week 2017, we’re collecting your stories and sharing them on the NPSTW.org website to show what it’s like to be the one behind the console when that call comes in – the first first responder.
What kind of stories? Tell us about:
- A life saved, a new one born, a day that got a whole lot better for someone after they talked with you.
- Someone who always goes above and beyond, who exemplifies the best of the best on a daily basis.
- A creative solution to a problem in the comm center.
- The reasons you are a public safety telecommunicator – or what made you stay when you were thinking of leaving.
- How your comm center recognizes good work, and what it means to you to be recognized.
- The ways in which your PSAP supports and involves community organizations.
- Your favorite ways to celebrate NPSTW, or your best celebration ever.
- Or anything else that represents a day, a year or a life in the career of a public safety communications professional.
In gratitude for your submissions and for all you do, we will enter all who submit a story into a random drawing for one of five $20 Visa gift cards.
Please include a photo if you’ve got one.